Stay-Brite Solder Kit
Knife making is an art in which even the smallest details matter. From your blade to your knife handle, you want your knife to be in optimal condition. One of the trickiest components of knife making is attaching the knife guard. And there’s no other method like soldering to give your knife guard a clean look and an immaculate seal. With the Stay-Brite solder kit, soldering is made easier. Here’s why the Stay-Brite solder kit is the best.
- Five times stronger than ordinary solder
- Flows freely and smoothly
- Solders all metals
- Vibration and stress resistant
- Retains bright finish, similar to stainless steel
High strength silver-bearing solder melts and flows at 430 degrees F. Provides strength without the distortion caused by high temperature brazing.
Tensile strength 10,000 to 25,000 P.S.I.
Elongation: 49%. Vibration resistant.
Directions For Torch Soldering:
- Apply Stay-Clean soldering flux to parts to be soldered.
- Stay-Clean removes all oxides, preparing the metals for soldering.
- Heat the parts and apply Stay-Brite silver solder .
- When melting of the Stay-Brite first occurs, withdraw flame slightly, and continue heating slowly until solder has flowed to all points.
- After solder has hardened, area may be rinsed with water
WARNING! Stay-Clean flux contains zinc chloride. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and mucous membranes. For eyes, flush with water and get immediate medical attention. If swallowed, give plenty of water or milk. Call physician immediately.